Halloween 2016

Wednesday, November 16, 2016




So my oldest son was obsessed with Elmo a few months ago and I had the idea to dress the family up as some of the characters for Halloween this year. My husband and I wanted quick and not too elaborate costumes this year as we just simply did not have the energy for it. So we bought the kids costumes from Walmart when they first put them out to ensure we got their 2 sizes. Next I went to a local thrift store and found this old dance dress which served its purpose with the big bell sleeves and bright color. I had intentions of adding a yellow feather boa to the rim of the dress, and a quick head piece, but ran out of time (damn procrastination)

Actually, when given the option the night before of completing a personalized trick or treat bucket for my son or my headpiece, I felt the costumes deserved another character. and then Oscar was born......

Oscar photo coming soon....lol

I plan on uploading a video soon of how I created him....so stay tuned.

Now leading up to Halloween we tried to keep the boys focused on the holiday and start some traditions together. Like decorating a haunted gingerbread house, which you can watch below:



And of course the expected halloween pumpkin carving. We opted to just paint this year since the boys were too young to cut things, and my 2 year old seems to think he can do everything himself and throws tantrums if we dont allow it. So in hopes of making this a tearless process, we just said were painting. No gutting the pumpkins...just painting.

So I`m sure you came here to see the pumpkin DIY, so lets get to it, here is the video below:



My adorable Elmo and Cookie Monster!
I hope you guys enjoyed our Sesame Street Halloween efforts. What do you think we should go as next year?? Did you go as a Sesame Street character as well? Post a photo below, I'd love to see it!

Popular Posts

Where to Find Me

Mariam Monroe © . QUINN CREATIVES .