6 Tips/Tricks on How to DE-GREASE Your Oily Hair

Monday, December 17, 2012

Well well well.....look who FINALLY got around to making another video....(and if you dont watch my videos, and came here just to read)...I FINALLY got around to posting a blog entry too!

I've been straightening my hair way more than usual lately, and because my face is SUPER greasy, my hair only lasts 2 days before looking like its been dirty for months....The good news is, I can usually cheat the third day by dusting it with some powder to save me from having to wake up super early in the morning - shower - blow dry - get to work. Now its: sleep in - wake up 30 mins before i have to leave - dust my hair - paint my face - get to work. Much better.

Let me go over some of the topics in the video so you dont have to waste time watching if you dont want to....although it would be nice if you did too! =)



Photo stolen from eyeliningobsessions.blogspot.com Couldnt use my own cause i REFUSE to buy this again!

1. Dry Shampoo.
I am 100% NOT a fan of dry shampoo. I used to make fun of my sister all the time for using it cause she never properly brushed it out and her hair always looked GREEN!
Reasons why i hate it? It smells horrid, it looks AND feels gross. and lastly, it made my hair look greasier than it was to begin with! Once you have to brush it down, it made it worse in my opinion!
Now some people may say it worked for them. Fine. But for me...it was a failure.


2. Dust It Powder/Misc. powders
I've used these before, and they work pretty good...unless you use too much.then you've ruined your hair, and it gets flat, and feels horrible! Not to mention, when you scrunch it around in your hair it feels....sticky and dry and brittle all at once! Watch the video i made to see how to use it.


3. Baby Powder.
I used the Johnsons Baby Powder with Corn Starch already in it. LOVEEEE THIS!
Sprinkle some into a plate, or lid, and using a make up brush gently tap it into your roots and wherever else your hair needs a lift! If you're looking for a cheap, effective way to degrease, THIS it is!


4. Baby Powder & Corn Starch.
If you decide to use this method, I suggest you mix equal parts of both powders. If you're only making a little, use 1 tablespoon of each. If you're making more use 1/3 cup of corn starch, and 1/3 cup of baby powder.....and so on for whatever other measurements you have planned. It doesn't take long to mix, so you can just make it as you go for the month.


5. Flour, Baking Soda, Cocoa
The rest of these powders will all work the same. the only thing about the cocoa is that it works better for darker hair - but you will smell like a chocolate bar all day, lol. Someone also mentioned that the flour adds a bit of volume...worth a shot!



 
6. Cheesecloth/Guaze and a comb
Another super easy method if you dont wanna put powders in your hair is to just use cheesecloth or a guaze and poke it thru your paddle brush and comb your hair! It doesnt remove ALLLLL oils, but its not bad!
You do have to brush thru a few times...

If your hair is TOO dirty/oily, do not do this. 
The cloth will absorb it and spread it around to the rest of your hair!
(Tried & Tested) -_-

Anywho! Thats the verbal breakdown of the video, but if you feel like you need a visual (I know i usually do) check out the video below:



Popular Posts

Where to Find Me

Mariam Monroe © . QUINN CREATIVES .